Thursday, April 12, 2012

Clean Eating

I read about clean eating a while back, but just recently researched it, and figured out what was all about.

Clean eating, in a nutshell, is eating REAL foods. No preservatives, no pre-packaged, no white flour, no words in the ingredient list that you cant recognize, etc. There are a few exceptions that I make, and I drink regular milk, and eat cheese. I think milk and cheese are "real", right?

I originally wanted to do a 7 day clean eating challenge, but quickly realized clean eating at every meal is a seriously hard challenge. So, I am going to eat 2 clean meals a day.

I have some pictures of my meals, but I have a phone that is just waiting for an upgrade, and I can't access the internet, or figure out a way to get the crappy pictures onto the internet! I'll have to see if the hubby's iphone can get my pictures on here.

My 2 favorite and effortless clean meals so far:::::

1) Grilled cod (cod in aluminum foil, with lemon juice and cilantro), brown rice with sauteed mushrooms and asparagus, and spices like parsley, oregano. This meal made me seriously full- and I didn't eat too much either. I guess clean eating is really good for you :)

2) Plain yogurt with frozen berries(thawed a bit), and cinnamon (helps raise metabolism), and honey (to make it a sweet treat).

ANNNNNDDDDD since my clean eating ( 1 week ago I started)- I have lost about 3 pounds! ((official weigh-in tomorrow morning)) But wow, who knew eating real foods would let you lose weight with out feeling hungry and diety all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment